1. How much does the workshop cost? $1,500
2. Do you offer a payment plan? Yes…we do offer payment plans with monthly payments…all payments plans must be complete prior to the first day of your workshop. We charge a admin fee for the payment plans.
3. What will I learn at this workshop?You will learn the art and business of nostalgic fine art Santa Portraiture. Much of this proven system can be applied to every aspect of your current operation.
4. Is this for advanced photographers only? No...it is for all levels. All aspects of what is taught is systemized so as to make it easy to learn and implement.
5. What locations and dates are available? February at the Hotel Zamora St. Petersburg, Florida.
6. HOTEL room rates approx. $175
7. What other expenses can I expect? Other than the room and your meals, there are no other expenses.
8. Do you offer backgrounds and props? We do sell the backdrop and floor...they are retail $795 ea and $695 each if you are a student of the workshop. We do not offer props. Backgrounds are ordered through us and take up to 2 weeks for delivery.
9. Anything else that would help me during the session or with marketing afterwards? Yes...we do sell Santa's Magical Gift® at wholesale to photographer for them to use as a gift to your clients during the session. It is a major marketing component for your studio in booking future sessions while giving back to your community. Santa's Magical Gift® is ordered directly through us. https://artofmagicandlight.com/pages/santas-magical-gift-1
10. What software do I need for the workshop? You will need a laptop with a current version of Photoshop, Lightroom and Topaz (I use the entire suite however for the purposes of the workshop, I would ask that you have Adjust and Clarity) Please have all of these downloaded and be sure they are functioning properly so as not to slow down the workshop...there is a lot to cover in those three days.
11. What camera equipment should I bring? It is not necessary to bring your camera. Larry will share his images from the live session when it comes time to learn the photoshop and lightroom portion.
12. Do I have to purchase the backgrounds and/or Santa's Magical Gift® to make this work? No...you are under no obligation to purchase anything, however they are there and available if you choose. They are only offered to assist you. Larry only offers products he has designed and uses in his system.
13. Can I actually do these sessions without the backgrounds and such? Yes.
14. Can I bring a spouse or staff member and if so what is the cost? Yes at a discounted rate. Contact Larry directly via PM for this option. Must have proof they work at the same studio or business.
15. Once I am trained, how long should the artwork take per image? This depends on whether you choose to use my "Magic" templets. With using templets your time should less then 10 min. Doing each image yourself...up to 25 min per image. https://artofmagicandlight.com/products/the-magic
16. Who attends this workshop? Any photographer who wants to offer a nostalgic, Fine Art Santa product and experience to their clients.
Any Professional Santa Claus that wants to up their game and be more informed for the photographic industry.
17. How many people do you take at the workshop? Workshops are limited to approx. 20 studios.
18. What happens if I book the workshop and then cannot attend? Our first goal would be to book you into the next workshop and find the dates that work for you. If an act of God and not within 2 weeks of the workshop, we will refund 75% of your money. If within two weeks your tuition is non refundable.
19. If I cannot make a workshop that I have paid for, may I transfer my tuition to a future workshop? Yes…if available.
20. Do I have to use the suggested hotel. No, however please understand that once I book a hotel I am committed to a block of rooms that we "must" pay for in advance. I would like all students to not only take advantage of the low "room block rate" but also enjoy being in the same building as the workshop and classes.
21. Hours of workshop. First two days are 9:00 AM till 5:00 PM....last day is 9:00 PM to 3:00 PM. At 7:00 PM the evening prior to the first day of the workshop we hold a meet and greet so everyone can get to know each other. We ask that all students attend the meet and greet. Evenings during workshop are on your own.
22. Where do I fly in to? Tampa International Airport. Address: 4100 George J Bean Pkwy, Tampa, FL 33607